COVID-19 Update 5/14/20
Dear Patrons & Friends,
Our store will reopen on Monday, May 18, 2020. As of Monday, June 22, our store hours are our summer hours: 9:30-5:30 Monday-Friday; 9:30-4 Saturday; closed Sunday.
The health and safety of our employees and patrons is of utmost importance. We have taken the following steps as we reopen our store:
- Plexiglas has been installed along the candy counter and checkout counter.
- A limit of 7 customers in our store at once will be permitted. We will ask guests to wait outside should that limit be exceeded.
- All employees are required to wear masks.
- All customers are required to wear masks. If a customer enters without a mask, we will kindly ask that they leave.
- Hand sanitation station has been installed at our front entrance.
- Hand sanitation station for pens at our check out counter.
- A deeper checkout counter has been installed, including a side table for shopping bags.
- Customers are asked to only pick up products they plan to purchase.
- Customers are asked to maintain 6 feet of distancing while shopping.
- Call ahead orders are welcomed through phone during business hours, or online any time.
- Contactless Pick Up is available, as well as In Store Pick Up.
Online Shopping & Phone Orders
Important Note: We want to ensure that our chocolates are able to make your life a little sweeter - this means in perfect condition. We monitor the weather across the continental United States and modify our shipping options daily to ensure you are receiving the best value for your purchase. We reserve the option to hold your order when the state to which you are shipping has a temperature over 68 degrees.
How to place an order:
- Call us at 603-627-1611 x.120 or x.121, Monday thru Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM & Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Visit us online at www.vanotis.com. We are working quickly to increase our online offerings. If you can’t find your favorite treat, please call us. Our phone lines are attended Monday thru Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM & Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM.
Store Pick Up
Please call us at 603-627-1611 x120 or x121 or visit us at www.vanotis.com to place your order. If you would like to pick up your order, please select “Pick Up In Store” at checkout; we will call or email you immediately to let you know when your order will be ready for pick up.
Contactless Pick Up are available, Monday thru Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM & Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM. When you arrive, call us from your car (603) 627-1611 x120 or x121. We will place your order on a table outside our store for you to pick up.
Local Delivery (phone orders only)
Local Delivery is FREE for a limited time for the Manchester Area.
Delivery is available for surrounding towns for an additional charge Monday thru Saturday. Order by 10 AM to ensure same day delivery. Order by 4pm Friday to ensure Saturday delivery. Please call us at 603-627-1611 x120 or x121 to place an order for local delivery.
Thank you for your continued support, and we wish health and safety to you and your families!
Your Van Otis Team
COVID-19 Update 3/16/2020
What precautions is Van Otis taking against the spread of coronavirus?
At Van Otis, we care deeply about the health and safety of our team members and customers. In light of the rapidly changing situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to update you on the steps we are taking to ensure a healthy and safe environment. In addition to complying with all food safety measures, we are taking proactive preventive measures and have instituted heightened cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting measures in our store and production facility, including:
- Enhanced cleaning and a heightened increase in frequency of sanitizing and disinfecting of all surfaces such as door handles, countertops, shopping baskets, faucets, work stations, tables, bathrooms, breakrooms and other high-traffic and high-touch areas
- Building upon our strict hygiene and sanitization standards by reinforcing our rigorous hand-washing and sanitizing procedures
- Reinforcing that all staff members in contact with food must always wear gloves
- Instructing staff members that are not feeling well to stay at home
- Educating our staff about COVID-19 and keeping them abreast of all government updates
Is it safe to travel to Van Otis?
Our retail store remains open to the public and customers are encouraged to make any decisions to travel to Van Otis based on their personal comfort level.
Customers have the option of placing orders online by 11 AM for in-store pickup the same day, or after 11 AM for next-day pickup. Customers may also call Van Otis at (603) 627-1611 to place an order for in-store pickup. When picking up previously placed orders in-store, customers can either walk into the store or pick up their orders at the door.
We are going to limit the number of customers in the store to a maximum of 7 at any time. If there are more, we request they wait until after a customer has left.
We encourage customers to adhere to health guidelines issued by the CDC. These recommendations include everything from thorough hand washing to avoiding touching the face, eyes, nose and mouth. According to these guidelines, we are also advising employees and customers to stay home if they are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
Tours & Classes on Hold
We have made the difficult but necessary decision to temporarily put on hold all tours and classes. We will resume these activities as soon it is safe to do so.
Boys & Girls Club of Manchester Easter Event on Saturday, March 28th Cancelled
Our Decorate Your Own Easter Treat event scheduled for Saturday March 28th has been cancelled. Instead, we will offer the decorated marshmallow treat for purchase in-store and online while supplies last. Half of all proceeds from the sale of these products will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Manchester. Click here to order online.